- A set of parallel wires that carries digital signals among a computer’s components is called a(n):
- The process of loading an Operating System into main memory is called _______.
- The process of replacing software with a newer version is called __________.
- The __________ of software contains lists of commands and options.
- The ‘IC’ chip, used in computers, is made of ________.
- Operating system of a computer is ______.
Provides a layer, user friendly interface
- The advantage of using a spreadsheet is:
(1) calculations can be done automatically.
(2) changing data automatically updates calculations
(3) more flexibility
- A network of geographically distant computers and terminals is called a-
Wide area network (WAN)
- What is the difference between the Internet and the World Wide Web?
The Internet is the physical network of global computers, while the World Wide Web is many hypertext documents distributed globally over many computers
- A modem is necessary if you want to-
Connect to other computers or to the Internet using phone line, cable, or wireless connections.
- <H1> is an example of _____.
- The two major components of system software are:
The operating system and system utilities
- The basic unit of a worksheet into which you enter data in Excel is called a–
- In Excel, this is a prerecorded formula that provides a shortcut for complex calculations………
- The 7-bit ASCII cod e widely used—–
For data communication work
- ……… is the key we use to run the selected command.
- A function inside another function is called a ….. Function.
- When was the first Windows operating system launched?