- On March 23,1931, Bhagat Singh along with his companions Rajguru and Sukhdev was hanged in Lahore Central Jail for throwing bomb inside the Central Legislative Assembly on April 8,1929.
They shouted “Inquilab Zindabad” (इन्क़लाब जिंदाबाद) and showered leaflets opposing the Trade Disputes and the Public Safety Bill being presented in the Central Assembly.
- The “Inquilab Zindabad” (इन्क़लाब जिंदाबाद) slogan was given by Bhagat Singh.
The famous slogan “Inquilab Zindabad” (इन्क़लाब जिंदाबाद) was given by Hasrat Mohani. It inspired the activities of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association particularly Ashfaqulla Khan, Bhagat Singh and Chandrashekhar Azad. It was popularized by Bhagat Singh during his bombing of the Central Legislative Assembly on April 8,1929.
- Vasco da Gama arrived at Calicut in Malabar on the southeast coast of India on May 20, 1498. He was welcomed by the Zamorin, the Hindu ruler.
- General Budget is presented in the Parliament by Finance Minister.
The Finance Minister is required to submit the Budget to the Parliament. The budget is usually presented on the last working day of February so that the Lok Sabha has one month to review and modify the Budget proposals.
- The Governor of the State is appointed for a normal term in office. The Normal term is 5 years.
Article 156 of the Indian Constitution provides that the Governor shall hold office during the pleasure of the President.
Article 154 vests the executive power of the State in the Governor.
- The City which is the Capital of Two States is Chandigarh serves as the capital of the states of Punjab and Haryana.
As a union territory, it is ruled directly by the Union Government of India and is not part of either state.
- Pandit Bhim Sen Joshi is known as a famous Vocalist in the Hindustani classical tradition. He received the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian honour, in 2008.
- Milkha Singh, a sportsperson, is associated with Athletics.
Milkha Singh, also known as The Flying Sikh, is a former Indian track and field sprinter (athletics).
- Famous Gateway of India is in Mumbai.
- “Eiffel Tower” is located in France.
The Eiffel Tower is an iron lattice tower located on the Champ de Mars in Paris, the capital city of France. It was named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower. Erected in 1889, it is today the most-visited paid monument in the world.